Wednesday 17 July 2013

OPI Bond Girls: Vesper

Bad news :(




Let's start off with I LOVE liquid sands..
but Vesper, I hate Vesper :(. It was super sad because Vesper, the purple was the one I was most looking forward to!


I would love it as a normal purple colour, but as a liquid sand, boo! In the bottle it looks like a weird brown with a purple tinge and black dots.. I tried to take a photo which shows it as brown, where the 'bubble' is you can see the purple! :)

love the grittiness, horrible on my hands :(


It's just a deep purple base with black 'sand' ..
Even with the combo, it's underwhelming compared to the other beautiful liquid sands OPI came out with!

LOVE THE PURPLE!


I didn't even bother swatching it on my hand sorry, it looked terrible on me. I did it on one finger and when I removed it, all the micro black 'sands' stuck to my cuticle bleh.


In good news, it does act like the other liquid sands, as a nice sandy finish, opaque in 2 coats.
Not sure of its lasting power, but if it's similar to the other ones, it's great!

I'd say, buy the other ones, they are much prettier, especially Tiffany Case. I thought it was similar to Get Your Number, but it's not, I definitely put in an order for Tiffany Case, right away!!

bleh, why are you so ugly on me..?


I should have blogged about the other liquid sands first but I took the pictures and totally forgot, oops!!
But can't wait to show you after, they are B-E-A-U-TIFUL!!


Did you purchase anything from this collection..? if so, which ones?? :D


Mir



OPI can be purchased at Trade Secrets in Canada for average of $10. OPI is also carried in various retailers :)




This was purchased by me. Reviews are all my honest opinion at this moment in time, not company influence.


6 comments:

  1. Yea this is definitely one of those colors you just love or hate I guess. I think my friend got this or a similar one that's really dark. I think the true beauty of liquid sands only come through when the color is lighter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree,, or if it's super sparkly!! I find companies keep bringing out liquid sands but they're not as nice as the mariah carey ones! I think I like those the best =)

      Delete
  2. hmm something about dark textured polishes make me think... like "evil" nails or something. Like jasmine (above) has said... I prefer light coloured sand polishes... like solitaire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't like Solitaire as much as I thought I would! it was too creamy looking to look good against my skin which I am sad about but i do like Tiffany Case and Jinx :D
      I love super sparkley ones!

      Delete
  3. I had the same reaction to Vesper.

    The matte textured finish is sweet when there's a little sparkle/bling going on.

    None of that going on here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agreed! and I could SEE the black specks within the nice purple.. it gave me the 'ewie' feeling hahaha!

      Delete