Tuesday 9 July 2013

Indie Spotlight: Sweet Tips Nails

Today I have another awesome Canadian Indie maker to share with you guys. Jen of Sweet Tips Nails (Etsy | Facebook) is a talented indie maker from Wellend, Ontario. Her Etsy shop offers a range of beauty products like nail polishes, lip balms, body butters and body sprays. In the future she will also be offering body scrubs, bath bombs, and bath salts.

A couple weeks back she had an awesome sale going on and I took that opportunity to purchase a couple polishes to try out. I'm so glad I did because I was very pleased with my order! The package was sent out in a timely manner and I received it within a week, Jen was also very generous and included a lip balm, a trial size body butter and candy in my package. Everything was packed with care and communication was excellent! Here are the polishes I will be reviewing today:

Her logo is so gosh darn cute!


Zombie Skin
"Zombie Skin is a dirty gray leaning mint green with a gorgeous mix of linear and scattered holographic reflection as well as gold-green sparks! It contains Spectraflair for the holographic effect and really looks awesome in the sun! This is a full coverage polish with no 'underwear' needed."

I loved the way this polish looked in the bottle however I couldn't see any holographic effect on my nails. It was kind of a cloudy day when I swatched Zombie Skin so that could've possibly been why. I found the polish to be very well pigmented and needed 2 layers to achieve opacity. 






Ugly Zombie
"Ugly Zombie is an unusual mix of what I can an ugly-awesome combination of various shades, shapes and sizes of glitters, including a few shades of green, burgundy, gun metal gray, fuchsia and teal! There is matte and metallic glitter in hex, circle, square, diamond and micro bar shapes. This is a top coat polish."

Hands down this polish was my favourite from the bunch! What I thought made it really unique was the micro bar glitter, I think this is the first time I've seen bar glitter this fine. I only had to use one coats of Ugly Zombie because the glitter is jam packed, I layered it over China Glaze Refresh Mint.




I forgot to take a close up of the glitter without a base colour, hope this will do




Gooey Cream Egg
"Gooey Cream Egg was inspired by my favorite Easter treat - Cadbury Cream Eggs! I mixed the yummy chocolate treat with the gooey white and yellow middle with the colors of its foil wrapper to come up with this unique polish that looks great over most colors. This is a top coat polish."

My second favourite from the bunch. I love the glitter mix in this, super colourful and cheery. I did however wish that the large white bar glitter could've been thinner. I thought it was a bit too big and ultimately left some corners sticking up. I only had to use one coat but had to fish and dab for the white glitter. I layered it over OPI What's With The Cattitude?





Closeup of the glitter mix with no base colour



My Pieces
"
My Pieces is my favorite and so it is fitting that it is inspired by my favorite candy treat - Reece's Pieces. I started with a peanut butter colored base and added the Reece's Pieces colors - brown, orange and yellow - in different hex sizes and finished by adding a little bit of gold and brown micro sparkle glitter. This is a full coverage polish that is opaque in 2-3 coats."

Although this polish was inspired by Reece's Pieces I felt like the colour combination reminded me of fall and Thanksgiving as well! It will be a glitter top coat I look forward to using when the leaves start to change colour. It was on the sheer side so 2-3 generous coats are needed but even then I found my nail line could still be seen.








The extras Jen included were a Banna Buttercream Lipbalm (4.25 grams/0.15oz) and a trial sized Pink Sugar Body Butter. Both of which smell amazing. The short list ingredients of the lipbalm are shown on the label and are made to order. They cost $2USD and ship free with any other item.
The body butter (0.25oz) also ships free with any other item and only costs $1USD! The list of ingredients can be found on the product page on the Sweet Tips Etsy store. The body butters come in 44 different scents...yes 44! I've been using this as a cuticle softener and it has kept my skin around the nail soft and smelling delicious.


I'm always on the lookout for indie polishes that ship to Canada for a reasonable shipping fee. Jen charges $7.80USD for a full-sized polish, additional full size polishes at a additional $0.50 a piece to ship within Canada and to the US. For her mini polishes she charges a flat rate of $3.00 to ship within Canada and to the US. I don't know of any other indie makers that offer an awesome deal like that.

Her full sized polishes are 15 ml in size and cost $8.50USD, her mini polishes are 5mlin size and cost $3.75USD. If you have a chance definitely check out Sweet Tips Nails, you will not be disappointed!


Annie





***All polishes purchased by me with the exception of My Pieces***

No comments:

Post a Comment