Friday 22 November 2013

Sephora Make Up For Ever Puttin' On The Glitz Event

Hello dear readers! Today I have a quick post about an event I attended today.

On Monday I received an email from LOULOU magazine about an event from Make Up For Ever called Puttin' On The Glitz taking place today Friday November 22 to Saturday November 23 from 11am to 9pm. The event was exclusively at Sephora Toronto Eaton Centre. I had to call to reserve a seat for the complimentary beauty session.

Here is the flyer I picked up in store:


The LOULOU email had an extra blurb about receiving a complimentary luxe sample with the mention of the exclusive LOULOU invite:

Click to read more about the event and the freebie I received!


When I walked into the store all the girls from the Make Up For Ever section were dressed up in 20s themed clothing, hairdos and makeup. They all looked really great and in theme! 

Once seated my consultant asked me what I wanted to try out. I told her either a bold lip or a smoky eye. We ended up deciding a smokey eye would be more fun. Here's the look I walked out with:



All the products she used were from Make Up For Ever. My eyelids were first primed with Eye Prime Long Wear Eyelid Primer, the eye shadows she used were from the 2013 Midnight Glow Holiday palette. For the eye liner she used their Kohl Pencil in Pearly Black Purple. I loved how the liner felt during application, at first I thought it was a wet brush but it turned out to be creamy texture of the pencil! She finished it off with mascara, unfortunately I don't remember which one she used but it made my non existent lashes look amazing.

Photo Sources: Sephora, Make Up For Ever, Sephora



The free sample I received fior mentioning the LOULOU invite was a 4ml size Make Up For Ever Smoky Extravagant Mascara. (I forgot to take a pic of the actual sample I got so I just used the stock picture from Sephora) The brush on the sample looks like the same size and shape as the one in the picture.
 
Photo Source: Sephora



All in all I had a fun time and I learned the fundamentals to do a basic smoky eye. Make Up For Ever products can be purchased at Sephora in-store or online.


Did any of you attend this event as well? 
Are they any Make Up For Ever products you swear by?




Until next time,
Annie

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a lot of fun! Wish we had more stuff like this in Halifax. I am just about to get the Midnight Glow palette so hopefully I can recreate something nearly as pretty as your look, gorgeous!

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete