Wednesday 27 February 2013

Essie Sleek Stick

Hey Everyone,

A while ago, Essie offered a promotion to sample their new product Sleek Sticks, which is basically nail appliqués. I was pretty excited since I've never tried these types of products before.



I love their stickers and stones design! But in person, the 'stones' looked a bit too bubbled/foiled for my liking and I actually prefer their a to zebra design :)


Essie offers 12 designs pictured below:

photo credit: essie.com





Their sample included 2 stickers of 4 designs: a to zebra, sneak-e, don't cheetah on me and sticker and stones. 


The sample stickers don't really fit my fingers, my thumb is slightly too wide but the rest of my fingers are too narrow hehe, so I roughly tried it on my thumb because I'm lazy with clean up.
Application was easy enough. I just peeled, stuck it on and filed off the excess. At the base, it wasn't totally flat but after a bit of rubbing, it flatten itself out :)



Pictured here is sneek-e without a base coat, base colour or top coat.  I folded the tip then filed it off. You can't really see it but the edges aren't rough persay but it looks like it has tip wear.. Not bad for a first-timer right? :) 





The stickers are smooth and easy to apply, the price point is a tad high for my budget ($12.99 on well.ca) so I am glad I have this sample to try it out first!

Did you get these in the mail also? How do you like them? :)


6 comments:

  1. The look nice, but the price is a turn off :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol yes, they are a tad bit more expensive than other brands.. so is their nail polishes but i love their polishes!! - Mir

      Delete
  2. cute, but I think for stick-on strips, I will stick with sally hansen, which is quite affordable when they go on sale

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you receive a sample? This is my first time trying these types of products so not sure how they compare quality wise !! Personally, I still prefer stamping & painting my nails :) - Mir

      Delete
  3. oh neat! got to try mine out the price is a little steep though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. try and tell me you experience :) - Mir

      Delete