Sunday 16 December 2012

OPI Ulta 2012 Holiday Exclusive: Stuff My Stocking

I had the pleasure of participating in a swap in one of my nail polish groups, I was lucky enough to be paired up with Katharine who sent me a bunch of goodies including this holiday set from Ulta. Up here in Canada we unfortunately do not have Ulta stores so I was pretty psyched to try out one of their holiday exclusives. The set includes four 3.75ml polishes, 3 coloured and 1 rapid dry topcoat. In this set we have a red, a green and a purple, pretty traditional holiday shades.




Last Minute Shopper - Last Minute Shopper is a very traditional seasonal/holiday red, it has a metallic feel to it. I thought the application of this polish was great, I achieved opacity in 2 coats. The colour is actually more red in the bottle but looks more magenta against my skin tone. 


Skip the Gift Wrap - Of all the polishes from the set, this colour was my favourite from the bunch. On the nail the colour reminded me of beautiful emerald gems. Again, it has a metallic like finish to it and opacity was achieved with 2 thick coats. Application was a little tricky because it is one of those polishes that show every brush stroke and possible flaw on the nail. Other than that, gorgeous!


Gift Cards for Everyone! -  I love the name of this polish! In the bottle this colour looked the most promising, a beautiful metallic purple with blue micro-shimmer (see second picture above). But it was the most difficult one to work with. I felt like the polish was very thin and streaky. I applied 3 coats and still there were some bald patchy spots as you can see in my swatches.



All swatches were topped with a layer of the OPI Rapid Dry Topcoat included in the set. I received this set in a swap so I do not know how much they are sold for. They're available at Ulta during the holiday season. Thanks for reading! And thanks again for the swap Katharine!

Annie

2 comments: